Mega Rentals, Inc., Wisconsin’s leader in traffic control and pavement marking, is currently seeking highly motivated employees who are ready to contribute to a culture of excellence at our Milwaukee location as a Rental Driver/Yard Operations.
As a Rental Driver/Yard Operations, it will be your primary focus will be duties associated with daily rentals such as delivery, set-up, and pick-up of equipment per contractors’ requests and in accordance with MUTCD specifications. Also perform shop and yard operations in a road construction environment. Under the direction of the Branch and/ or Shop Manager complete tasks as assigned. This position will work mainly in the shop and yard, and will travel to other branches, as necessary.
Responsibilities Include, but not limited to:
· Set-up and remove lane closures, ramp closures, road closures and other various traffic control set-ups.
· Utilize maps and plan sheets to ensure proper location and delivery of equipment.
· Complete work in a shop environment including equipment assembly, repair and minor equipment maintenance.
· Lift, carry, load, and unload traffic control and maintenance items, including barrels, signs, barricades, pavement marking materials, machinery, tools, etc.
· Sustain overall cleanliness, organization and proper functioning of the shop, yard, tools, and machinery.
· Perform basic maintenance, repair or replace defective equipment or parts using hand tools or machines.
· Clean and organize parts, machinery, equipment, tools, and inventory.
· Paint, rebuild, and repair storage and work areas in the shop and yard as needed.
· Operate company trucks to transport materials and equipment to and from the branches.
· Maintain/ Repair equipment, assemble signs and perform all other shop work necessary to prepare for traffic control projects.
· Complete tasks within time constraints.
· Follow company policies and safety regulations at all times.
· Keep accurate and timely job logs and return them to the managers daily.
· Follow company process for fuel cards, cell phones, and vehicle inspections.
· Communicate with the Branch Manager and Shop/ Yard Manager to ensure they are adequately informed.
· Travel between company branches to assist in equipment pick-up or transfer as needed.
· Other duties as assigned.
The ideal candidate should have the following skills and qualifications:
• High school diploma or equivalent
• Mechanical knowledge, which includes knowledge of tools and materials.
• Commitment to high ethical standards
• Must maintain a valid driver’s license and excellent driving record at all times.
• Ability to read and write clearly, including maps, blueprints, and road signs.
• Flexibility to work overtime and weekends if necessary.
• Ability to lift a minimum of 50 pounds, reach overhead, bend, kneel, and twist
• Ability to sit, stand, and drive for extended periods of time
• Capable of working outside in extreme weather condition
Employees at Mega Rentals experience: